Ingredients (makes 8 cups)
- 12 large tomatoes, halved and seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Arrange six tomatoes cut side down on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 4 minutes. Cool slightly; drain well.
- In a food processor, process uncooked and roasted tomatoes in batches until chunky. Transfer all to a large bowl.
- Place the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, lime zest and remaining oil in the food processor. Cover and process until blended; add to tomatoes. Stir in the peppers, onions, cumin, paprika, chipotle pepper, salt and hot sauce. Let stand 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with chips.
Source: Taste of Home