- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, Or canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 10 ounce can Chunky Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 4 ounce can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 6 8-Inch Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. (This is just to keep your tacos warm while you’re making them, or if you need to make them ahead of time you can keep them on warm for up to 30 minutes)
- Start by heating up a large skillet with the oil over medium heat.
- Add the beef and brown while breaking up with a spoon until completely cooked through.
- Next add in the diced tomatoes, green chilies, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Stir to combine the filling and transfer to a large bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet and spray with cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and top with 3/4 cup of the beef filling and a half a cup of cheese. Let cook open for 1 minute, then fold over and press down on the taco with a spatula so it seals closed.
- Cook for another 2 minutes then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes. Just get them nice and browned on both sides, it only takes about 5 minutes total for each taco.
- Transfer to the oven to keep warm and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Taco Recipe and Photos courtesy of Mantitlement